Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Intro... dum dum dum...

So my actual first life post...

I'm Emma-Louise, hyphenated... (and I'm a tiny bit funny about it even if I say I'm not), 33 years of age, sometimes I get sore about being in my thirties, but mostly I wouldn't want to be younger (like hell I would... spots and uncertainty).  Hometown is Liverpool, lived in the rougher end, no place like home and all that... but I can't see myself ever moving back.  I do love Liverpool though and am very proud of my scouse accent, which after all these years away is becoming less and less (although strangers still detect my Liverpool roots, so it's there a bit, someone recently asked me if I was from Newcastle mind!). Visiting Liverpool is great, there's no place better on earth than Sevvie Park! 

These days we live in Chorlton, Manchester.  Those familiar with Manchester, please don't judge me for my M21 Chorlton postcode.  I'm not sustainable or that, I do try not to use carrier bags or leave lights on (but I do use my tumble dryer to excess and drive to the very local Morrisons).   And shock horror... I NEVER SHOP IN UNICORN!  

Two children... Our daughter Lizzy, aged 7 (nearly 8) is giddy as ever a girl could be, truly a lovely child and she NEVER stops talking! And, because of her loveliness we indulge her with our time and attention and are lax with the discipline... she really cannot take a telling off... Mostly though, she is a pleasure to knock around with. 

Our boy child, Willow, aged 3 is a monster!  My gorgeous son can do no wrong as he has the sweetest of hearts, and really is amazing.  I will admit he can be perhaps the tiniest bit cantankerous... but I guess he'd have to pick up some traits from Mikey, it can't all be sweetness and light.  

Husband - Michael, QS (not quite sure what this entails and after 10+ years of marriage it's clear I'm not that interested), City Fan, Wednesday-team cricketer, hero.  

Two cats, Jimmy - big white and fluffy, named Jimmy after Jimmy White (no reason except it gave us a laugh at the time).  Betty, a nervous wreck of a cat, skinny as anything and looks like she has mange (over grooms because of the nerves.... could be the children).

I work (steal a living) at the University as a PA (jumped up secretary), some days I work harder than others... not really sure so much about my career but it fits around the children and working in the public sector they don't throw a wobbler when the kids get chicken pox!

I like knitting (new to it, 4months and still no real length to my scarf).  Reading (just started the most amazing online book club... I'll come back to that), I try and gym two-three times a week (bloody hate it to be honest, but it gets me out the house and helps with stress), I like to run, I'm not quick but I can run a while, just started with Parkrun and hope to keep that up.  I love getting out with me pals, very collective bunch some with kids, some without, some academic types, some thick, some from old and I've made a lovely set at the school gates.  Like staying in cuddling and eating nice food, we're massive fans of the dine in M&S tenner meal.  Love shoes and dresses and handbags and make up and cocktail rings and all things dressing up and glam.  Alongside Michael, Morrissey is the love of my life (in fact I'd ditch Michael in a second if Mozzer gave me the glad eye).  


I spend too much time on Twitter (please follow me there) and FB, but hey ho, I was worried about this recently and a pal said it's the electronic age/the way forward, so with this advice I'm embracing the world of online communication and won't be ashamed of checking in my status every five minutes (I've been typing this a while... the FB community might think I've died).   I drink too much wine (for this I blame my friends), I can't just have one... (again I blame my friends) and do show off a bit when I'm pissed (again I blame my friends, they egg me on).   Port too, I love a port.

Not sure how often or in what thread I intend to blog... I'm sure it'll be pure genius and give you lots to chew over... could be ridiculous trivia (my FB recently was filled with actual woe as my Dyson had bust).

But I hope to keep at it.  


xx Emma-Lou







2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kezzer, you've been my inspiration (in blogging not like in life... that would have to Nigella Lawson) xx

    ReplyDelete