Thursday, 18 September 2014

Disturbances in the night....

Well it could have been one of many things... 

3am... I hear strange noises in the house, a certain atmosphere creeps up the stairs...  

I nudge Mr C... nothing... looks like I'm going to face the burglars single-handed... 


Worse than burglars.... I creep down and am face-to-face with a sadistic, barbaric scene; a scene from my worst nightmares; a scene, From Hell. 

Mr Jimmy (big white pussy-cat), poised for action, tail as bushy as anything... poor black mouse (black?  could it have been a rat?!), whizzing round coffee table, Jimmy biding his time, enjoying the fear!  

I scream, turn into a big girl, and squeal, Mr C (bless him) spends a good half-hour trying to rescue the mousey, but to be honest, he's a bit scared of Jimmy... 

Anyhow, he traps the mouse in the vestibule and flicks out the front-door using a dustpan... 

All calm again, well actually not, Jimmy took the hump, and isn't speaking to any of us!  

xx Emma-Lou 


No comments:

Post a Comment