Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Breastfeeding - a funny story

I was lucky with both my babies, they breastfed with no real problems, THANK GOD for Lansinoh mind.  I did have one small dilemma early days.  

After the birth of our girl, getting home we had the usual bombardment of visitors. One evening in the first week, after a day of visitors and health visitors and emergency trips to the chemist (for already mentioned miracle breast cream).  We'd settled for the evening, was just to give baby her last feed before attempting to put her down.  So, baby latched on, a relax from me, let down of the milk and a a little knock on the door.... 

Bloody hell who could that be, we peep out of the window and it's my lovely in-laws, the doting grand-parents.  Now as it goes when I got further into my breast feeding career I was less bothered about where I fed and who might be around.  But then I was nervous about it, and knew my FIL would be mostly horrified.  So, I grumbled to Mr. C to organise the hospitality and I headed to the bedroom to carry on feeding. Back then we lived in a flat, so from the bedroom, I could hear them moving round, we were to clink some fizzy wine and toast the new baby. 

So with baby fed and my boobies safely stowed away, I joined them to toast our lovely first born.  Glasses filled, clink-clink 'Congratulations, she's gorgeous', when suddenly shock horror, I glance at my FIL, he's only using one of my breast pads as a coaster!  

I wasn't expecting visitors, I'd just whipped them out on the coffee table.  I can still see in my mindseye, Bern (the FIL) having to hold down the soggy breastpad as it kept sticking to the bottom of his wine glass. 

As it goes, I had lots of breastpads over, reckon they just went into landfill, in today's sustainable conscious times perhaps I should have used them as disposable coasters? 

xx Emma-Lou 






2 comments:

  1. :D I remember it so well being nervous and scared, and I think with all of mine as newborns I had a few weeks of it - at the stage where they shake their heads and can't find it and you spray everything in the room :D
    I never had a breastpad confused for a coaster though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Brilliant & mortifying at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete