Monday, 30 May 2016

Real Smart Place About Town, Neighbourhood


I was asked along to a brunch event a few weeks ago, in town (Manchester), to Neighbourhood, so along I went with my work pal. 
Bellini before noon? Why not! 


Now I've been to Neighbourhood before with my PA Network Group, for drinks and was impressed then how they dealt with such a large group of us.  The drinks then were served so nicely, with a real personable service.  I noted that I really liked the place and if I was that way about town would defo go in for drinks. 

I have to say, I'd never thought about Neighbourhood for food, which is funny as I know it's a restaurant.  I'm glad I had my eyes opened. 

So we arrived to a great big party it seemed, it was busy for a lunchtime do.  Bellini on arrival, "Yes please".   We went through from the bar to the seated restaurant, and the decor was a winner with me, done out so individually and bespoke.  I was so surprised when speaking to the manager later that they're to close for refurbishment, I hope they go forward in the same careful arty styling.  

We were served a few courses of gorgeous breakfast/lunch (or brunch if you like), including a favourite of mine, Eggs Benedict.   Now as you know I'm the worse food blogger, I eat my food as it arrives and think about photos later!  As it goes though my pal is less greedy than me and snapped away, hence we have food pics #Rejoice 

Now that's a poached egg! 


American Breakfast 
A chap, the manager came round and was such a love, not sure how this come up but it seems prior to his Neighbourhood career he was an ear doctor!    It's nice to chat to people who care about a. where they work and b. take a pride in making a good job of it.  Neighbourhood should be put up there as a top restaurant in town, it isn't a big chain, like Strada or such like.  It's a family run independent business.  It's slick, stylish and you're made to feel important by the staff and servers.  

For my birthday just passed, I had a good mind to go for my meal out, I put the hinters out to Mr. C, he tried to book but discovered it was closed for refurb.  I can't wait to head back to see how they've done the place out.  

xx Emma-Lou 

I don't do food photos, but can be counted on for a good teapot shot!  


No comments:

Post a Comment