Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Beach Life.... Crosby

First trip out over the holidays...  Crosby. 

We'd been recently to stay in our mates caravan near Blackpool; and went to Lytham for the afternoon, it wasn't really beach weather.  There was a high wind, nothing worse than sand in your ice cream.  So I'd promised on the next sunny day we'd head to the nearest beach from ours.  I don't know if there's a closer beach to our house in Chorlton?  But Crosby seemed near enough. 

We loaded up the car with a picnic, bucket and spade, towels and all the gear.  To be honest I wasn't expecting much, perhaps a quick hour, eat our butties, collect a few shells, ice cream then home.  But we were there hours, it was lovely.  

Off they go, I squeezed in a little read in peace 

I was only a bit pleased with myself, in the past, I've tried and failed to fly many kites, I just couldn't do it, haven't got the knack.  But in the quest of giving the kids idyllic childhood memories (must get a Westie puppy...), I was determined to get one up. There's a cute little toy shop these days in Chorlton, Cat Fish, they have a range of cheap toys, old fashioned style, you're not going to find The Legend of Zelda, but you can pick up lovely looking board games and little toys for around a tenner. My kite from there is lovely, a real sturdy proper kite.  Anyhow I got only got the kite to fly, it was brill (especially as mizzo Mr. C said it'd never fly, in your face!), honestly the best £4.99 I've spent in a while.  This is mean, and I'm ashamed to say, I saw a dad trying desperately to get his little girls butterfly kite up, it wasn't for going up, the little girl looked a bit crestfallen, and the dad was excusing his rubbish kite prowess "Not enough wind today princess"... Pah my kite sailed high in the sky.... I was only a bit smug... 


Look at my kite go, the kids in the distance, they gave up asking for a go!



Another amazing feat, Willow who does not like sand or taking his socks off, had a good old paddle, both kids walked right out to sea, over rock pools, we saw fish and a mean looking jelly fish.  
Splish

Splash

Splosh 

In my quest for saving pennies on days out, this rolled in on budget, we only spent the cost of a couple of ice creams.  Everything else we took with us. 

I always pack a good picnic, mini wine and small beer for mum and dad 

Ashamedly, the weather was warm and bright, both kids factor 50'd up.  Me, not so much... sunburnt, a lovely red chest area, "But it didn't feel that warm".  

On the right day, Crosby beach is perfect. 

Could be the Maldives.... 
xx Emma-Lou 




No comments:

Post a Comment