Monday, 12 September 2016

doTERRA - Wellness Advocates - Serenity Storm - A review

Lovely Steph Ledigo (@LedigoPR) asked me along to a launch event last week for Serenity Storm Essentials (@Serenity_Storm_).  It was more like a mini workshop looking into essential oils and doTERRA.  Now as it goes I know a bit about essential oils.  My MIL swears by them, and has over the years made me up potions.  These were for driving test angst (actually that isn't a good advert for them, as it took me five goes to pass!) and other emotional type of worries.  In pregnancy, she cooked me up a remedy for hey fever and that worked as well as any antihistamine I ever took. In fact, I've never had hey fever since!  I wonder if the medicated stuff sort of suppressed my natural repellent to pollen and having a break taking alternative medicines helped build natural defences.  Anyhow, I don't claim any know how, or preach on. 

I arrived late (bloody M60) to Ashton's Village Hotel, so crept into a talk that had already started. About 8 seconds in, the only thing I could feel was the 100 mile an hour enthusiasm of Emma Pollitt!  She truly believes in her company, in essential oils, in alternative medicines, in doTERRA.  She is funny, personable and at times very moving in telling her doTERRA story.  I won't retell her story, she'd happily share it with you, without a doubt, it's changed her life and she wants to share it. It's of her own family experience of overcoming very physical health problems, using essential oils to tackle debilitating symptoms, and it is amazing.  But it's not my story and I'd feel uncomfortable talking about that side of alternative medicine.  What is very lovely about Emma, she does one million percent believe in this and she can back it all up with research paper after research paper (the ultimate PubMed Queen).  But her message is clear, she wants you yourself to research it, she doesn't want you to just take her word for it, she wants you to go away, have a think, get online and research alternatives to modern medicine.

From a therapeutic point, a lot can be said for the healing properties of essential oils. Anxiety, stress, depression, nervousness, problems with sleep, focus and concentration, hormonal tension, all these often debilitating stresses can make life pretty tough. essential oils CAN and DO help with these emotional problems, they bring about an inner calmness that allows natural healing to come into play.  I have a huge belief in essential oils for mood enhancement.

I know this from MIL, the oils you might buy on a market or Holland and Barrett, I'm not sure what they contain, but it's not a lot of essential oil, probably just enough to make them smell nice!  I always knew that you had to pay for decent products. doTERRA products aren't cheap (you can get them massively discounted if you sign up for wholesale membership).  But at the same time, they make massive claims that they will increase your wellness and improve your life, and honestly they can back up those claims.  

doTERRA can be a way of life, delving right into a toxic free existence, you could even give up using Fairly liquid, their range is full of alternatives. Or it could be the odd tweak to modern living, a little Oil every now and then to help with a headache, or a stressful life event.  

I'm a nervous driver, I drove this weekend to Nottingham, it's tricky on that Snake Pass! Before leaving, I used some doTERRA peppermint oil, the tiniest amount rubbed onto my wrists (a bottle would last forever), it defo calmed and focused me.  I used it again today at the start of my working day, again, I felt ready to make a good start. Plus it smells nice, and the act of putting it on creates a moment of mindfulness. 

I don't know how I'll continue with doTERRA,  but I look forward to researching and being more mindful of what's out there.  Lavender for sleep, and I wonder if they do anything for hangover.... the weekend in Notts is catching me up! 

xx Emma-Lou 

No comments:

Post a Comment